In 2008 the SCAA began participating in the Saskatchewan program by awarding a prize to the project in each region that best utilizes primary sources. The SCAA also produced the SHF Participant Toolkit to help students and teachers with Archival definitions.
Though the program has changed since then, what has stayed the same for Heritage Fairs throughout has been the goals:
- to create an environment where students are excited to learn and share;
- to provide recognition for student achievement;
- to celebrate cultural diversity and multiple perspectives;
- to reveal connections between the past and present; and
- to inspire Canadians to celebrate their place in history.
(Adapted from information provided by Heritage Saskatchewan)