Prior to 2000, two archive entities existed in Saskatchewan, the Saskatchewan Archivist Society (SAS) and the Saskatchewan Council of Archives (SCA). The discussion to amalgamate these two began in late 1999.
A constitution for the Saskatchewan Council for Archives and Archivists (SCAA) was approved by both the SAS and the SCA in April and May 2000 with the SCAA meeting first in October of 2000.
The SCAA promotes Saskatchewan's documentary heritage through leadership, support and education of archives and archivists.
1. Refine governance systems
2. Improve programs and services
3. Expand human and financial resources
4. Enhance communication with members
5. Increase awareness of value and use of archives