In 2008 the SCAA began participating in the Saskatchewan program by awarding a prize to the project in each region that best utilizes primary sources. The SCAA also produced the SHF Participant Toolkit to help students and teachers with Archival definitions.
Though the program has changed since then, what has stayed the same for Heritage Fairs throughout has been the goals:
- to create an environment where students are excited to learn and share;
- to provide recognition for student achievement;
- to celebrate cultural diversity and multiple perspectives;
- to reveal connections between the past and present; and
- to inspire Canadians to celebrate their place in history.
(Adapted from information provided by Heritage Saskatchewan)
The Saskatchewan Council for Archives and Archivists (SCAA) is looking for members to volunteer to help judge students from grades 4 - 8 who are participating in the Regional Heritage Fairs in Moose Jaw, Regina, Saskatoon and Swift Current and the Provincial Fair in 2019.
2019 Regional Heritage Fairs dates
- 2019 Swift Current Regional Heritage Fair - Thurs. May 2, Swift Current Museum
- 2019 Moose Jaw Regional Heritage Fair- Thurs. May 9, Moose Jaw Western Development Museum
- 2019 Regina Regional Heritage Fair - Fri. May 10, Campus Regina Public (1069 14th Ave E)
- 2019 Saskatoon Regional Heritage Fair - Thurs. May 15, Saskatoon Western Development Museum
- 2019 Saskatoon Tribal Council Regional Heritage Fair - TBA
- 2019 Provincial Heritage Fair - Tuesday and Wednesday May 28-29, at Government House, Regina
Both SCAA and our friends at the Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan (PAS) are always excited to support the Saskatchewan Heritage Fairs and recognize the effort of the youth of the province has put into their projects by offering a plaque for the project in each region that makes the best use of archival or primary materials.
At the Provincial Fair, a project is similarly recognized for the Archives Award, but in addition to a plaque the winner is presented with a $500 cheque from SCAA and PAS.
In 2018 the Provincial Heritage Fair was held May 24 at Government House in Regina.
2019 Moose Jaw Regional Heritage Fair - Thursday, May 9, at the Moose Jaw Western Development Museum
The 2018 Moose Jaw Regional Fair was held on Thursday, April 19.
Congratulations to Gavin A., in Grade 8 on winning the Archives Award for his project on "The Canadian Pacific Railway"
2019 Regina Regional Heritage Fair - Friday May 10, at Campus Regina Public (1069 14th Ave E)
The 2018 Regina Regional Heritage Fair was held on Friday, May 4.
Congratulations to Tennyson Webb, grade 6 on winning the Archives Award for his project on "Destination Canada"
- 2019 Saskatoon Regional Heritage Fair - Wednesday and Thursday May 15-16, at the Saskatoon Western Development Museum
The 2017 Saskatoon Regional Fair was held on Thursday, May 4 and Friday, May 5.
Congratulations to Kimberly Hood grade 8 on winning the Archives Award for her project "Mes ancetres canadinnes et anglaises"
2019 Swift Current Regional Heritage Fair - Thursday May 2, Swift Current Museum
The 2018 Swift Current Regional Fair was held on Thursday, April 26.
Congratulations to Sophie Carlson, on winning the Archives Award for her project on "My Family Tree"
- Annual General Meetings (AGM)
- Archives Week
- By-laws and Plans
- Directory of Archives in Saskatchewan
- Grants and Funding
- Institutions Virtual Exhibits
- Member login
- Blog - Outside the Box
- Public Awareness Resources
- SAIN Photograph Database
- SAIN Collections Database
- SCAA Virtual Exhibits
- Saskatchewan Heritage Fairs
- YouTube videos - Lives and Letters
- YouTube videos - The Truth is in There